PRIVATE TUTORING FAQ
Hear directly from our Faculty Director, Audra Stanton, about tutoring at Revolution Prep:
The Tutor Matching process
Who is the Tutor Matching Team?
- The Revolution Prep Tutor Matching Team are our in-house experts on our professional tutor pool. They directly participate in the hiring and training of our tutors and continue to collaborate with them over the course of their tenure with us. The Tutor Matching Team gets to know their personalities, academic strengths, backgrounds, tutoring styles, and more.
How do you match students to tutors?
- Our Tutor Matching Team carefully reviews your student’s profile, based on the conversations that you’ve shared with your Academic Advisor. We consider your student’s program focus and current academic challenges, their personal goals, and other details unique to them such as learning style and interests. The more information you can share with your Academic Advisor before the match is made, the better. We narrow down our search based on your student’s goals and your family’s scheduling needs. We comb through our professional tutor options to hand select your tutor.
Why are you scheduling all of my tutoring hours upfront?
- We know how important it is for students to have consistent schedules in order to grow, achieve, and meet their goals. We always set up a long-term schedule at the beginning of your program.
- Our tutors’ schedules fill up fast. Schedules can always be adjusted but setting a schedule for success has helped both students and tutors clearly define a plan for best outcomes. Hear directly from our Tutor Matching Team about how our matching process works:
I’ve submitted my availability for tutoring. What’s next?
How long before I receive my tutor match?
- It can take up to three business days to deliver your customized tutor match and schedule. We care deeply about the success of your student’s tutor match, and our team is extremely dedicated to making a quality match. We take great pride in our ability to match your student with their best possible tutor.
When will I meet my tutor?
- Once we’ve completed the match, you’ll receive an email from the Tutor Matching Team introducing you to your new tutor.
Accessing Tutoring via the Student Dashboard:
How do I launch my tutoring sessions?
- You should have received an email with log-in instructions at the time of purchase (your official welcome email). Navigate to the Student Dashboard and log- in using the provided login and password. A few minutes before the start of each session, you will see a banner at the top of the page. Click the Join Session button to launch Zoom and enter your session.
Do I need a Zoom link?
- No! All you need is your Student Dashboard login and password. You can join all sessions from there.
Do I need a Zoom account?
- You don’t! All you need is the Zoom app.
How can I see my full schedule?
- Navigate to the Schedule tab on your Student Dashboard. There, you can view your upcoming sessions in Week or List format.
The First Tutoring Session:
What do I need to do in advance to be ready for the first session?
- Click here to download and install the Zoom Session Client before your first session.
What should I expect in my first session?
- The goal of the first session is to review the student’s current progress and prepare a plan for success. You will complete our Program Planning process with your tutor in the first 20-30 minutes. Your tutor will then finalize any additional planning and logistics needed to meet the student’s targets and answer any technical questions you might have.
Where do I find my login and password?
- Check your Welcome Email, sent at time of purchase. We sent it to the parent email on file, and if we have it, we also sent it to the student email on file.
How do I reset my login/password?
Navigate to the Student Dashboard, and click Forgot username or password?
How can I make changes to my tutoring schedule?
How can I adjust my session times/dates?
- From the Schedule tab on your Student Dashboard, you can edit or delete individual sessions.
What is your scheduling/cancelation policy?
- Families are responsible for canceling or rescheduling tutoring sessions at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled start time. You can do so directly on the Student Dashboard.
How can I get assistance with scheduling?
- Check out the Help section of the Student Dashboard, or contact your Tutor or Advisor for assistance.
I can’t find my welcome email/session reminder/etc.
- Check your junk/spam folder. If we have emails for both parent and student, we send all tutoring communication to both emails.
How do I contact my tutor or Advisor?
- The Tutor Matching Team will email you to introduce you to your new tutor once the match is complete. That email contains your tutor’s email and phone number. To contact your Advisor, check the Help section of your Student Dashboard.
What if I don’t feel like it’s a good match?
- We are confident your student will love their match, but on the rare occasion that it isn’t a great connection after your first session, your Advisor will be following up with you to collaborate on solutions and we will make sure to credit that session back to your account.
How can I get additional Academic or Test Prep help?
How do I add more tutoring hours?
- You can add additional hours directly from your Student Dashboard. From the Schedule page, click the clock icon, and click Add Hours.
How can I get additional support?
- Homework Help is a great complement to Private Tutoring and can be accessed from the Student Dashboard. Students can get on-demand help from live tutors for just $99 a month. Connect with your Academic Advisor, or register for Homework Help at https://www.revolutionprep.com/programs/homework-help.